Shirley Solomon Dressmaking Services
Terms and conditions
Please ask if any points require further clarification
- No work will start on any item until a signed order form is received together with non refundable deposit payment of 25% of labour costs (or as agreed in writing in advance) which shall be deemed to confirm your acceptance of these Conditions. All materials are to paid for in full at time of ordering
- Quotations are based on information available at the time they is provided. Changes made after a quotation has been given that requires additional work will incur an extra charge.
- Best endeavour will be made to meet any agreed deadlines..
- Measurements will be taken at the time of order, and any garment made be made against these measurements. If any significant weight loss or gain occurs, you may incur additional charges.
- If you supply a pattern or material it is your responsibility to ensure that they are fit for the intended purpose. I reserve the right to refuse to work with unsuitable materials.
- Patterns purchased by the client should correspond to actual measurements, not ready to wear sizes. Where the wrong pattern size is bought extra costs may be incurred in redrafting the pattern or purchasing the correct sized pattern.
- Please bring appropriate underwear/shoes to fitting appointments – failure to do so will result in a fitting not being possible and may incur extra charges.
- Clients are requested to telephone ahead to cancel appointments. 24 hours notice is normally required or a charge of £10 is made for each missed appointment. There is an additional charge of £10 for each weekend appointment.
- Please respond to my request for fitting or collection within 2 weeks. If no contact has been made by this time then a storage charge will be made of £1 per day
- Appointments are scheduled for 1 hour from the time of the appointment. Where multiple garments are being fitted then this may be extended. Most fittings take less than 30 minutes
- Payments schedule is 25% non-refundable deposit on initial order, 25% at main fitting, remaining 50% plus sundry items payable on collection, or as otherwise agreed in writing in advance. Fabrics ordered through me are to be paid in full at time of ordering.
- I advise buying the quantity of fabric specified on the pattern, and this sometimes means there are small quantities left over. Unless specifically requested fabric remnants are donated to local schools/charities. Please inform me if this is unacceptable to you.
- The techniques I use are as I see fit. If you have a particular requirement please state this at the outset as this may affect price
- Payment is required in full on completion of the item(s). Cash or cheque. Please ensure you are fully satisfied with the item before payment. You may be asked to sign a declaration of your satisfaction with the garment when you collect it. Changes after completion will incur further charges.
- In the event of any breach of contract, your remedies shall be limited to damages and under no circumstances shall my liability exceed the price of the garment(s) made by me and, if not included in the price, the cost of the materials (excluding delivery charges).